Environment conscious building
A good place to start:
- Reduce energy consumption as far as reasonably possible.
- Design buildings so that they require minimal space heating systems.
- Know the energy performance of buildings and the resulting CO2 emissions.
- Improve quality by post-occupation monitoring for at least 2 years to compare design with actual performance.
Good Architecture uses simple design principles for all buildings:
- Very good levels of insulation with minimal thermal bridges through construction elements.
- Optimal use of passive solar energy and internal heat gains from occupants and equipment.
- Excellent levels of airtightness.
All our buildings have incorporated some of these energy conserving principles into their design and construction. They also demonstrate other aspects of sustainable design about creating spaces that are healthy, economically viable and sensitive to social needs.