Restoration Mortimer West End Chapel
An unusual collection of buildings set within a 5 acre rural site, including a Chapel dating originally from 1798 that was extended in 1805 together with an adjoining Manse Cottage, and a 'Tin Tabernacle' erected in 1905. By 1990 the Grade 2* listed Chapel and Grade 2 listed Cottages were derelict.
We restored and adapted the Cottages to create a family home and a smaller Cottage to accommodate church workers. Five years later, we repaired and adapted the ‘Tin Tabernacle’ to create an accessible, multi-purpose church and community building. Ten years after that we assisted in obtaining Listed Building Consent to combine both Cottages into one house for the new minister and family.
The special character of the buildings and site has been conserved and the restored buildings are contributing to the various ways that the church can serve the community.
The church is growing, with regular congregations of around 80 adults and children from the surrounding community.